The GameMaster’s Workshop series provides source material designed for use with a variety of roleplaying systems, and contain valuable tools and aids to help make GMing easier and exciting for both you and your players!
This 59-page volume, Beneath the Waves, describes a detailed society of merfolk including their lives, their interactions with surface dwellers, and both the mundane and extraordinary plights they face. Here’s just some of the features you get:
– Bait, Snare and Bag: brief plot lines for adventures presented in a simple format, including the city of Neaesquatila, Deep Stalkers, a volcano, barbarian Sahuagin, a human undersea city, and more!
– Close Encounters of a Random Kind: random encounter and event tables, including encounters both inside and outside the city of Neaesquatila, oceanic animal encounters and the debris field of a deep stalker colony!
– The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: detailed personalities, motivations and basic abilities of 43 good and villainous NPCs, monsters and monstrous races!
– All Things Magic: a multitude of detail on merfolk and human items (both magical and nonmagical), with details on mermen magic and undersea religions!
– maps of the city of Ehzimahn and the underwater deep stalker colony, and even introductory fiction!
This vintage tome (rules are AD&D 2nd edition) is set in the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting, in Whimdol Bay on the southern shores of the Elos Desert. However, the rules material is sufficiently adaptable that the GameMaster can simply drop this material into any campaign world with virtually no alterations. Use it with any fantasy role-playing game and enjoy!
Set your wayback machine to 1998 and download this classic PDF for yourself!