SOPHISTICATED CIVILIZATIONS. VAST EMPIRES. POWERFUL ARMIES.
Scared? You should be.
Within this 160-page PDF sourcebook is a wealth of detailed information, useful for D&D players and Dungeon Masters alike. Strength and Honor is loaded with Dungeons & Dragons (3.0 Edition) material, including:
– Five Hobgoblin Subraces! Learn of the great Kargi and Krangi empires, as well as the Kors, Dazlak and Rankki.
– Five New Prestige Classes! Become a Dazlak runner, Krangi gorukh, Kors negotiator, Raider, or one of Tullum’s Kargi legionnaires.
– New Dazlak Purger Class! Join the clerics of Hatemonger in their battle against the light.
– New Equipment and Magic Items! These sections contain normal and magic weapons, tools, armor and more.
– New Skills and Feats! Learn special details about life as a hobgoblin and how to master the special abilities that their unique lives require!
– Culture and Society! Learn about social caste systems, military forces and tactics, and their views on strength and honor, creation, religion and a myriad of other subjects, including trading practices, recreational habits, diet, clothing and much more!
– Psychology! Discover how to flesh your character into a living, breathing person with real relevance and connection to the campaign world.
– Easy-To-Use Quick Reference Sections! Whether you need a new name for your character, immediate information on religion or how to translate an unknown word, these sections give you all the information you need.
Truly, the culture and society of the hobgoblin subraces is described in great detail. Each chapter has a discussion of a particular subrace’s social caste system, the structure of their military forces, their tactics in battles and sieges, and their views on creation, religion, strength, honor, and myriad other subjects. It also includes information on their trading practices, their recreational habits, their diet, their clothing, and how they build their settlements.
Players receive new skills, feats, classes, and prestige classes, which are extremely valuable when making a hobgoblin or half-hobgoblin character. In addition, the description of honor practices, psychological beliefs, and societal interactions will aid immensely in role-playing such a character. With this book, a hobgoblin character can be fleshed out into a living, breathing person with real relevance and connection to the campaign world.
Dungeon Masters gain information on hobgoblin battle tactics, military structure and city layout – extremely useful for planning adventures in hobgoblin locales. In addition, the new hobgoblin prestige classes make for excellent adversaries or villains, the new spells and magic items are fine rewards for the players or devastating tools for the hobgoblins, and the social system is ripe with violence and intrigue. With this game aid, Dungeon Masters can make the hobgoblins into whatever they choose, be they interesting villains or a world shaking threat!
Although usable in any campaign, this book is especially suited for the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting – a realistic, dynamic world where complex political alliances mix with marauding bands of humanoids, and medieval technology and culture come face to face with magic and the fantastic. Whatever type of adventure you seek, you can find it here.