BEWARE THE DARK EMBRACE OF EVIL…
The shadowed streets and alleys of the City of Rogues echo with cries of terror… cries that herald the arrival of an evil cult and the terrible beast they worship. A small village becomes the focus of strange kidnappings, warring magical creatures, and a magical treasure hidden beneath a long-abandoned barrow mound. A northern logging community fights a desperate battle against pestilence and plague, a dangerous tribe of orcs, and a wronged enemy from the past. A hobgoblin host enters the lands of the Free City of Bronish, and the call goes out to their gold dragon protector – but he does not answer…
This accessory provides four distinct role-playing adventures for use separately or as part of an ongoing campaign. Each adventure includes hooks to draw the player characters in, as well as suggestions on how to tie each adventure into other Kingdoms of Kalamar adventures.
Like all Kenzer and Company products, this adventure was designed with the Dungeon Master in mind. We prepare all the details so you can spend less time flipping pages and more time gaming. Being a DM has never been so easy, or so much fun! Here’s some of what you get:
– 80 pages of useful background, maps, artwork and adventure details; no useless fluff!
– a full campaign backdrop for the Free City of Bronish
– 9 detailed taverns and inns
– 7 new monsters
– 6 detailed temples
– 2 new spells
– 1 new magic item
– quick-start rules for underwater adventuring
– Player aids and handouts that your group is sure to enjoy.
– Details on the history and legends of the areas of Tellene where the players will be exploring.
– ImageQUEST Adventure Illustrator: “Because a picture is worth 1,000 words.” ImageQUEST is the picture book that gamers love. Now DMs can not only read the boxed text, they can actually show it to the players.
Although easily converted for use in any campaign setting, this book is designed for use of Dungeons & Dragons rules with the Kingdoms of Kalamar – a realistic, dynamic world where complex political alliances mix with marauding bands of humanoids, and medieval technology and culture come faces to face with magic and the fantastic. Whatever type of adventure you seek, you can find it here.
To use this campaign supplement in a Dungeons & Dragons campaign, you also need a copy of the Player’s Handbook, the Dungeon Master’s Guide, and the Monster Manual. You can also find further detail on the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting in the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting sourcebook, the Kingdoms of Kalamar Player’s Primer and our many other fine sourcebooks and adventures.
For characters of 1st to 8th level. Although originally designed for D&D v3.0, this adventure can easily be adapted for older or newer editions by any Dungeon Master with a little experience.